What is CEELE?
is a Certificate of Quality in the Teaching of Spanish as a Second
Language (Certificado de Calidad en la Enseñanza del Español
como Lengua Extranjera) granted by the Spanish Department of
University of Alcalá de Henares and the Association of Spanish
Why has CEELE been created?
There was no existing control in Spain, guaranteeing quality
learning, like the existing control in other countries. The CEELE
certification assures that certain, internationally accepted,
criteria for quality are met.
How does one obtain CEELE?
The schools that request this qualification are submitted to an
inspection that evaluates 11 different aspects of Teaching of
Spanish as a Second Language. The inspection is repeated every 2
Who benefits from CEELE?
Students, professors or professionals who select a school
qualified CEELE to learn and study Spanish language Courses in
Spain, have a guarantee that the selected school has passed an
independent, objective and professional inspection. The E.I.
schools in Spain; Alcalá de Henares, Salamanca and Málaga
Centers have passed this inspection.
- Academic Activity: Curriculum Plan for various levels of
- Extra-curricular Activities
- Installations (classrooms, room for professors, study room,
- Equipment (audio, video, language lab, computers)
- Professors: Qualified native teachers with university degree
- Professor - Student ratio
- Quality Instruction: small groups, individual attention,
periodic evaluation of students
- Quality Instructional materials: use of commercial
materials, together with the creation and use of the center's
- Internal System of Evaluation of Professors
- Results in external exams such as the DELE exams (Diploma de Español
como Lengua Extranjera), the Commercial Spanish Exam,
other university exams